- How We Collect and Use Information
We collect the following types of information about you: Information we collect from you directly:
Registration and Profile Information. When you create an account, we may collect your personal information such as your username, first and last name, birth date, email address, mobile phone number and a photo, if you chose to have a photo associated with your account. If you want to add a child or family member’s name to your account, we collect the child or family member’s name, email address, and mobile phone number. You must have a valid credit card on file with iTunes to subscribe. We may collect additional information from a parent in order to obtain verifiable parental consent to allow a child to use our Service. Data collected through use of the Service. After you set up your account, we may ask for other profile and demographic information. Geolocation. We collect your unique user identifier and your location through GPS, WiFi, or wireless network triangulation in order to obtain your location for the purposes of providing our Service. We collect the location of your designated “Places” to provide alerts when family members arrive and leave. If you turn off location sharing in one or more of your circles, we will not share your location with such circles; however, while you are logged in to your account, we will continue to collect your location information in order to provide the Service (for example, to provide our emergency services or to share your location with the circles you allow to see your location). We maintain location information only so long as is reasonable to provide the Service and then destroy the location data. Messages and User Content. We collect information when you receive notifications of members of your Family through use of the service. We may also retain any messages you send to us.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service and to communicate directly with you, such as to send you alerts on the movements of your Family members. You can control your receipt of push notifications and text alerts by visiting “Settings” within the mobile app. We may also send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, parental consent notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related e-mails. Information we receive about you from others:
Social Media. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you Like us on Facebook or post a comment to our Facebook page, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to uKnow’s website or Service. Information we collect automatically through the use of technology:When you visit our website or use our mobile app, we and our business partners may collect certain information about your computer or device through technology such as cookies, web beacons, log files, or other tracking/recording tools. The information we collect through the use of tracking technologies includes, but is not limited to, IP address, browser information, referring/exit pages and URLs, click stream data and how you interact with links on the website, mobile app, or Service, domain names, landing pages, page views, cookie data that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, browsing behavior on our site, mobile device type, mobile device IDs or other persistent identifiers, and location data collected from your mobile device. Some or all of this data may be combined with other personally identifying information described above.
We use this information to:
- Remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site or mobile app,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information,
- Monitor the effectiveness of our Service and our marketing campaigns,
- Monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, users, traffic, and demographic patterns,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our Users or engineers that are associated with certain IP addresses or User IDs, and
- Automatically update our mobile application on your system and related devices.
- You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Service may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
- Sharing of Your Information
Personal Information: We will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties outside the Company and its controlled subsidiaries and affiliates without your consent, except as noted below:
- We share your information, including name, email and location, with others within your uKnow family and other uKnow circles.
- We may share your personal information with our third-party business partners, vendors and consultants who perform services on our behalf, such as accounting, managerial, technical, marketing or analytic services. These business partners will be given access to your information as necessary to deliver the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Any information or content that you voluntarily post to the website or to our Facebook page will automatically be available to the public. We may publicly post your reviews and comments online on our website or mobile app, or link your reviews to third party websites.
- We may aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics of our data and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
- We may at any time buy or sell/divest the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Personal information such as customer names and email addresses, and other user information related to the Service will likely be one of the items transferred in these types of transactions. We may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions or similar transactions or proceedings.
- How We Protect Your Information
uKnow cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Your Choices About Your Information
You may, of course, decline to submit any personal information through the Service, in which case uKnow may not be able to provide its Services to you. Modifying Your Account Information and Settings: You may modify your account information, update or amend your personal information, or change your password at any time by logging into your uKnow account on your cellular device You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, parental consent notification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you have any questions about reviewing or modifying your account information, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete Your Account and Personal Information: We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your uKnow Paid Subscription at any time, turn off auto-renewal in your account settings. Opting Out of Collection of Tracking Data: The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser. Please refer to your browser’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org.) Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through browser settings but you can uninstall the app if you no longer wish to participate in our Service.
Our Service allows parents to keep track of their children’s location on mobile devices that the Parent has added to the Family account. The Service is intended to be used by children under 13 only with significant parental involvement and approval. If a Parent wishes to add a User who is under 13 to the Family account, the Parent must “Agree” to the online parental consent form when configuring the child’s device. If you believe that we might have inadvertently collected information from a child under 13 without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Links to Other Web Sites and Services
- Payment and Pricing
If you elect to use the Service, you agree to the pricing and payment terms, as we may update them from time to time. UKNOW may add new services for additional fees and charges, or amend fees and charges for existing services, at any time in its sole discretion. Any change to our pricing or payment terms shall become effective in the billing cycle following notice of such change to you as provided in this Agreement.
All subscription and access charges for the Service are payable in advance. UKNOW is not responsible for any charges or expenses you incur resulting from charges billed for the Services in accordance with this Agreement (e.g. overdrawn accounts, exceeding credit card limit, etc.). By providing a credit card number or other payment method with advance authorization features (e.g. some PayPal accounts, mobile application stores or marketplaces), you authorize UKNOW to continue charging the payment method for all charges due to UKNOW until your UKNOW account is settled and is terminated by either you or UKNOW.
UKNOW will automatically renew your subscription at current rates at the time of renewal and for the term of your most recent subscription, unless the Services are cancelled or terminated under this Agreement.
- Free Trials and Automatic Billed Renewals.
Depending on our promotions and requirements at any given time, uKnowKids memberships may start with a Free Trial. Any Free Trial period shall be specified during sign-up process, if at all. Free Trials may not be combined with any other offers. You must have Internet access and a current valid accepted payment method as indicated during signup (“Payment Method”), to use the Service.
Additional cancellation or renewal terms may be provided to you on the website for the Services.
Subscriptions will automatically renew to a paid subscription after seven days unless auto-renew is turned off. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal at $2.99 for one month or $24.99 for 12 months, based on the subscription plan chosen, within 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions can be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases another subscription.
- How to Contact Us
1400 Key Boulevard, Suite 100Arlington, VA 22209Last Updated: June 19, 2017